Malayalam Syllabus’ PDF quick download link for UPSC Mains Exam is given at the bottom of this article. You can view the PDF Demo, PDF Size, and Page Number, and Direct Download the Free PDF of ‘UPSC Mains Malayalam Optional Syllabus’ by using the download button.
UPSC Optional Malayalam Literature Paper 1 And 2 Syllabus PDF 2023 Free Download
(Answers must be written in Malayalam) Section A
1—Early phase of Malayalam Language :
- Various theories: Origin from proto Dravidian, Tamil, Sanskrit.
- Relation between Tamil and Malayalam: Six nayas of A. R. Rajarajavarma.
- Pattu School—Definition, Ramacharitam, later pattu works—Niranam works and Krishnagatha. 2—Linguistic features of :
- Manipravalam—definition. Language of early manipravala works—Champu, Sandesakavya, Chandrotsava, minor works. Later manipravala works—medieval Champu and Attakkatha.
- Folklore—Southern and Northern ballads, Mappila songs.
- Early Malayalam Prose—Bhashakautaliyam, Brahmandapuranam, Attaprakaram, Kramadipika and Nambiantamil.
3—Standardisation of Malayalam :
- Peculiarities of the language of Pana, Kilippattu and Tullal.
- Contributions of indigenous and European missionaries to Malayalam.
- Characteristics of contemporary Malayalam; Malayalam as administrative language. Language of scientific and technical literature—media language.
Section B LITERARY HISTORY
4—Ancient and Medieval Literature :
- Pattu—Ramacharitam, Niranam Works and Krishnagatha.
- Manipravalam—early and medieval manipravala works including attakkatha and champu.
- Folk Literature.
- Kilippattu, Tullal and Mahakavya. 5—Modern Literature—Poetry :
- Venmani poets and contemporaries.
- The advent of Romanticism—Poetry of Kavitraya i.e., Asan, Ulloor and Vallathol.
- Poetry after Kavitraya.
- Modernism in Malayalam Poetry. 6—Modern Literature—Prose :
- Short story.
- Biography, travelogue, essay and criticism.
(Answers must be written in Malayalam)
This paper will require first-hand reading of the texts prescribed and is designed to test the candidate’s critical ability.
- Ramacharitam—Patalam 1.
- Kannassaramayanam—Balakandam first 25 stanzas.
- Unnunilisandesam—Purvabhagam 25 slokas including Prastavana.
- Mahabharatham Kilippattu—Bhishmaparvam. Unit 2
- Kumaran Asan—Chintavisthayaya Sita.
- G. Sankara Kurup—Perunthachan.
- N. V. Krishna Variar—Tivandiyile pattu. Unit 3
- O. N. V.—Bhumikkoru Charamagitam.
- Ayyappa Panicker—Kurukshetram.
- Akkittam—Pandatha Messanthi.
- Attur Ravivarma—Megharupan.
- O. Chanthu Menon—Indulekha.
- O. V. Vijayan—Khasakkinte Ithihasam.
- M. T. Vasudevan Nair—Vanaprastham (Collection).
- N. S. Madhavan—Higvitta (Collection).
- C. J. Thomas—1128-il Crime 27. Unit 6
- Kuttikrishna Marar—Bharataparyatanam.
- M. K. Sanu—Nakshatrangalute Snehabhajanam.
- V. T. Bhatttathirippad—Kannirum Kinavum.
Download UPSC Malayalam Optional Syllabus For IAS Mains PDF 2023!
We hope you got the PDF of UPSC Malayalam Optional Syllabus and you can download this PDF for free, for this you go to the download section and if you see any mistake in it, then you can contact us. You can do it through comments.
We keep on bringing such syllabus updates, so stay connected with us and we will keep you updated instantly. Thank you very much for downloading your PDF.